National Surveillance of Bloodstream Infections in Belgian Hospitals
How to participate?
Participation is mandatory for a minimum of three months a year since 2014 (Royal decrete 27/01/2015). The surveillance
period starts the first day of a quarter (January, April, July and October).
Protocol and registration form
- Data collection for bloodstream infections is done through the Healthdata software platform.
- The bloodstream infection surveillance protocol was revised in 2013. Last version: protocol (mei 2017 - in Dutch).
- Information about requested denominator data and common reference lists and variables used in the different NSIH surveillances is available in this document (in Dutch).
- A national report is published each year in June/July and can be found in the 'Results' section. The data entry deadline for this report is end March of each year.
- Individual feedback reports are available through the reporting platform of Healthdata 'Healthstat' (see Healthstat support) and are updated every quarter.
Registration of bloodstream infections through Healthdata